Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Graffiti Heaven and Music


I'm in the mood for some music, so since my new edgy ya book Graffiti Heaven (the prequel to the Behind the Lives series) is set in the year 2000, I thought I'd see what songs my characters would've listened to back then. Some songs have also been chosen according to the characters' story-lines as well as their personalities. I have numbered the countdown in relation to the main characters, Ash being the most important, then Tiana, Jenna, Levi and so forth.

ENJOY THE COUNTDOWN!




 10
Ant 
 A bad choice in song for the rough and nasty mouthed Ant? By the third to last chapter of the book, you'll find out why I picked Ricky Martin's She Bangs.




9
 Salma
Destiny's Child was mentioned as playing at Salma's party. Plus, she tries to jump Ash there, so Jumpin', Jumpin' is right in more ways than one.




 8
Dante
Lil Bow Wow's song Bounce With Me is perfect for Ash's naughty li'l brother, plus it's stated in the Behind the Lives series that Dante likes rap. Lil Bow Wow is also the same age as Dante, 13.




7
Hunter
The Backstreet Boy's video Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely sadly fits Hunter's character. It also suits Kelly O'Brian as well.




 6
Lavinia 
Oops, I Did it Again by Britney Spears.
Like the song says, Lavinia's not that innocent.

 

Joel
The dreadlock boy who loves reggae and is a big fan of Bob Marley. But, I've chosen a New Zealand reggae song for him as it suits him well. It's called For the Love of it and is by Salmonella Dub, with the talented Tiki Taane on vocals.




4
Levi
Nelly's Country Grammar is perfect for Tiana's brother. He loves cars and women, and the music would be his taste.




3
Jenna
 She wants real love from Ash, she has hot pink streaks in her blonde hair and she kicks arse and will punch anyone who gets in her way.
Like Pink, Jenna's Not Every Girl.




Tiana
Tiana is an eternal romantic, so Sound Garden's song I Knew I Loved You is perfect for her, plus it relates to how she feels about Ash.




1
Ash 
You couldn't get a song that fitted Ash's tragic soul better than Crawling, just change the female in the video to a guy. Although this song was released as a single in 2001, it was on Linkin Park's album Hybrid Theory, which came out in 2000.






3 comments:

  1. I love that you included "Show Me The Meaning" in your list. I'm a huge BSB fan. Always have been, always will be. ;) Love the playlist. You've certainly piqued my interest now. Definitely going to check out your book. Best of luck!
    @theedgeofwords

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) And, "Show Me The Meaning" is one of those songs that gives me goosebumps.

      Delete
    2. It really is, isn't it? Such a great song. Can't wait to check out your book now! :)

      Delete